[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu Tshirts

Abhinav Modi abhinavmodi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 07:13:55 GMT 2009

I have sent the below mail to the ubuntu team via
https://forms.canonical.com/trademark/ :

Hi,

There is significant interest in the Indian Ubuntu community to
purchase and use T Shirts with Ubuntu Logos. This is purely for self
use and to increase awareness.

Given that the costs associated with purchasing said T shirts from the
official ubuntu store is high (compared to around Rs. 300 - 500, i.e.
USD 7-12 per piece for locally printed shirts), we would like to
request permission to use the logo for a group order for the t shirts
and other similar apparel.

These items will be sold at a no-profit cost to interested members
(and the quantity we print will be decided beforehand based on
interest polls in the Ubuntu India team).

I am not sure if we need to seek permission for this, given that we do
not have "commercial" interests, but if so, please grant us permission
for using the Ubuntu Logos for the aforesaid use.

Thanks and regards
Abhinav Modi

Let's see what the response is.

Regards