[ubuntu-in] Firefox 3.5 most popular web browser worldwide

Sanjay Bhangar sanjaybhangar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 13:56:44 GMT 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 1:17 AM, Bryan Quigley <BryanQuigley at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> According to StatCounter Global Statistics the most used browser version
> on the web is Firefox 3.5.
> <http://gs.statcounter.com/#browser_version-ww-weekly-200827-200951>Congrats to Mozilla (and the open web)!
>
> While I'm all for celebrations, I think getting euphoric over this
statistic is a bit misleading .. as one can clearly see from the graph, ie6
+ 7 + 8 combined is still wayy ahead of Firefox all versions combined. I
definitely think we should celebrate Firefox's phenomenal growth, but I
think taking that statistic and making it sound like Firefox is the browser
leader can only be construed as desperation / misleading.

Definitely congrats to Firefox 3.5. But lets not fool ourselves .... there
is much to be done to win this battle yet ...

just my two bits,
Sanjay

But we can use this as a rallying call to do more. Let's Finish Off IE6