[ubuntu-in] LAN repository from DVDs

Dibyajyoti Mohapatra dibyam at vubites.com
Sat Dec 19 20:56:23 GMT 2009

Dear All,

I just bought a set of DVDs of complete repository of ubuntu 8.04 Hardy from
an online vendor(Zyxware). Now I want to use them to set up a local
repository similar to apt-mirror without downloading the whole stuff.

I googled and found many guides which are either about creating a repository
on local machine or downloading and configuring a local mirror.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=243

The above link is very close to my need but I don't know how to turn the
same into a local NETWORK mirror so that other machines on my LAN can use
the repository.

Please help.

--Dipu