[ubuntu-in] Spam into the mailing list

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 17:55:36 GMT 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 8:58 PM, shan chak <shankholove2005 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

>>Friendlier, helpful and fun - nice - so why don't you volunteer to
>>keep the crap out.
>
>>ram
>
> I thought we were all volunteers to make this list spam free.
> anyways you need volunteer I am your man.
> Tell me what it takes to keep the list spam free.
> Thanx ram.

1. Contact the list admin's who would tell you what can be done
2. Write a how to and list culture and post to all new comers
3. verify how many people actually read posts from the lists and if
they don't respond / need the list tell them to get the hell out.
(most of the spammers don't seem to either read or post to the list)

ram