[ubuntu-in] Spam into the mailing list

Ashutosh Rishi Ranjan ashutoshrishi92 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 12:20:05 GMT 2009

> Does this happen everytime or only for the first emails?

For me too. I will get a confirmation message for every mail I send to
Ubuntu India mailing list. For this one too. I thought it is a good
practice. But if thats so, shouldn't the people who 'accidentally' send spam
to the list, get a confirmation mail too? If they do and still don't own up
and say sorry, then its a spam.

I feel, if a mail has been sent accidentally, owning up is the best thing to
do. Because then we know it was a really a mistake! When you do that, you
automatically close any further discussion about your mail and keep it in
the good books. So please, just say sorry!

Ashutosh Rishi
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish