[ubuntu-in] PLaying Flash files in firefox without using a propreitory / closed source tool

Bryan Quigley BryanQuigley at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 15 09:31:25 GMT 2009

Hi,

I use DownloadHelper firefox plugin, (but I do need flash installed) to
download the flash file and then Totem plays it just fine.  However you do
need flash installed, you just get DownloadHelper to start downloading it
and then you close the tab.  It does fix every performance/sound issue you
are likely to get with flash.

It *should* be possible to do the same with Gnash, but I haven't done it.
-Bryan