[ubuntu-in] What should we do with Free Software users who don't contribute to it in any way?

Ravi Kumar ra21vi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 21:04:31 GMT 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> Am linking two articles here
>
> The first
> What should we do with Free Software users who don't contribute to it
> in any way?
> http://stop.zona-m.net/node/58
>
> i think its an interesting insight into how some people may view open
> source or open source developers / enthusiasts.
>
> How the author seems to have missed one critical argument. The best
> value a user (any user) can contribute back to an open source software
> is "actually" using it. Any software that does not get used is
> deadware.
>
> ram

Free Software does not force you to contribute, in any sense. Just using the
Free Software is a huge contribution. What was the initiating point for Free
Software development? Help, Humanity, Open Sharing, no restrictions and cost
bridges. So do not ask a person to either use and contribute, else drop
using it;

The author seems really mad over his/her own-dig reasons, and tried to
connect things well for the article presentations. I am against it.

--
-=Ravi=-