[ubuntu-in] Strange behaviour of mouse / touch pad

Jkhatri khatri.jatin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 06:58:13 GMT 2009

On 12/07/2009 12:13 PM, Ramnarayan.K wrote:
> Hi
>
> Am running 9.10, with the latest available kernel.
>
> ram at ram-laptop:~$ uname -a
> Linux ram-laptop 2.6.31-16-generic #52-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 3 22:00:22
> UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> The problem seems to have cropped up today while trying to figure out
> why the network manager is not working
>
> I uninstalled the network-manager and the gnome-network-manager tools
> and installed wicd (which lets me connect to the net)
>
> After this uninstalltion the mouse / touch pad functions have become
> semi-dysfunctional.
>
> I can move the cursor around - BUT i cannot select anything or engage
> anything - left click does not work.
>

> Its pretty tiresome to navigate around and so stuff.
>
> Any idea what the problem is
>
> it was not there by default or after i updated my kernal 2 days back,
> and seems to have appeared only today morning.
>
> So any ideas whats wrong.
>
> thanks
>
> ram

what is the output of lspci ...... ?

--

Jatin Khatri

Web www.khatrijatin.co.nr <http://www.khatrijatin.co.nr/>

www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin>

Phone (+91) 98250 20393

Hü Save Paper, Save Environment. P
/*(Plant at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)*/