[ubuntu-in] Canonical only to send free cd's to developers

Jkhatri khatri.jatin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 09:40:28 GMT 2009

On 12/05/2009 09:04 PM, Ashutosh Rishi Ranjan wrote:
> http://www.workswithu.com/2009/11/18/who-deserves-free-ubuntu-cds-more/
> This will make it harder for many people to get ubuntu. I have seen so
> many people who wouldn't download anything more than a 100MB because
> of money or speed. But from the beginning I did think that giving free
> CDs was outrageous!
> What could be the alternatives?
> Could we make ubuntu CDs together with printed CD covers (we could
> make a custom Ubuntu india CD cover)?
> The cost would vary accourding to the resources we could use: a CD is
> for Rs12 approx, and printing can be done from a shop or with a
> printer. These CDs could be distributed to local bookstores and shop.
> We could divide the management of this distrubution according to the
> area we live in.
> I think I remember reading that we could definitely sell custom Ubuntu
> CDs ( I don't think I remember correctly, please confirm). But if we
> could, we could use it wisely. I vote for non-profit.
> The difficult part would be making the shops agree.
> The other project we could undertake is either ( somehow ) getting a
> shipit like program within India itself. I don't know how will that be
> made possible. I am still to even get my own bank account. But just
> suggesting.
> PS: It was my small time dream that I would earn a lot, and help in
> advertising Ubuntu.
> --
> Ashutosh Rishi
> Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish
Can we arrange something like Free Media programs like fedora does ( I'm
distributing Fedora and ubuntu   at no charges,  just one need to carry
blank CD/DVD and exchange with Fedora/Ubuntu ) just like barter system.

Jatin Khatri

Web www.khatrijatin.co.nr <http://www.khatrijatin.co.nr/>

www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin>

Phone (+91) 98250 20393

Hü Save Paper, Save Environment. P
/*(Plant at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)*/