[ubuntu-in] BSNL Broadband does not work through Network Manager Applet in Ubuntu 9.10

Moz listmoz at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 11:45:54 GMT 2009

Hello Ram
> Am setting up a fresh installation of Ubuntu 9.10 (Ultimate) .
> Everything has gone well. The only issue is the BSNL Broadband
>
> It is an ADSL connection and does not connect through the Network
> Manager Applet.

I have had no problem connecting to BSNL broadband using a fresh install
of Ubuntu 9.10 (standard 32 bit edition, downloaded from torrent,
installed on an old Compaq NC6000 laptop). The router is a Huawei ZXC
531B. I have connected to both open as well as WEP encrypted connections.

So perhaps you are having problems with the Siemens router.

I have also recreated the Auto eth0 connections and have not had any
problem with it.

Sorry I have not been of much help.

Moz