[ubuntu-in] Problem while upgrading from 9.04 to 9.10

Mallikarjun(ಮಲ್ಲಿಕಾರ್ಜುನ್) mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 08:26:13 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Shubhrajyoti Mohapatra <
shubhrajyoti.engg89 at gmail.com> wrote:

> *I am trying to upgrade my ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10 using a cd(requested from
> cannonical).But as usual a window should pop up asking about upgrade but
> this does not happen.But the cd is being read.
>
> I tried this command
> *
>
> gksu "sh /media/cdrom0/cdromupgrade"
>
> But it shows an error
>

> *sh: Can't open /media/cdrom0/cdromupgrade
>
> *

As Onkar said, you are cannot update using the CD which canonical has sent
as it is a Desktop CD, Alternative CD is used for upgrading.
You can download it from Ubuntu.com website and I doubt it if Canonical
ships Alternative CD. So you can ask any of your friend help downloading
Alternative CD or if you can reveal you location, someone near you in
mailing list can help.

*Now what to do to upgrade using that cd without using network upgarde.