[ubuntu-in] Giving up the GIMP is a sign of Ubuntu's mainstream maturity - A rebuttal

Ashutosh Rishi Ranjan ashutoshrishi92 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 11:10:21 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Hardik Dalwadi <hardik.dalwadi at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Because, People are paying for pre-installed application, We are not
> asking about pre-installed application with OS, we are thinking as free,
> but not at all. We can say it as Window$ OEM OS by your machine
> provider. Miscrosoft doesn't have Antivirus / Professional Image Editor
> solution, but still we are getting pre-installed. That's one of reason
> behind popularity. I am sure if you find Desktop / Laptop with
> pre-installed Ubuntu, you will find GIMP :)
>
> --
> Hardik Dalwadi

Oh, is therea windows PC pre-installed with a Professional Image editor?
That would have been really great! Well that does depend on who is providing
a pre-installed computer also. On an average basis its 'okay' to remove GIMP
by default. Although, they did speak of a new section in Ubuntu Software
Center for 'staff picks', basically to enlighten the new users to the
popular softwares not shipped by default.

Ashutosh Rishi
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish