[ubuntu-in] Auto restartting ADSL connection

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 16:42:01 BST 2009

Hi

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 7:50 PM, निशांत /
Nishant<nishantsharma.in at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 7:30 PM, Ramnarayan.K<ramnarayan.k at gmail.com> wrote:
>> because of this i have to constantly keep logging it, so was wondering
>> if there was a way my Ubuntu 9.04 could check the status of the adsl
>> connection every now and then and try and restart it automatically.
>
> Instead of using wvdial, configure your ADSL connection using
> "pppoeconf". It will automatically keep you connected.

I was using the watch wvdial command as an example

The problem is with the ADSL connection, so assuming I use pppeoconf
how does it work at restarting a stopped / interupted network
connection without user intervention.

Second unless i use a GUI frontend how will i know that a network
connection is operational, in Ubuntu 7.10 i use pppoeconf but have to
keep pinging an address to know its operational.

regards
ram