[ubuntu-in] Disaster with 9.04, graphics display not working or recovering

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 15:36:13 BST 2009

2009/8/12 Mallikarjun <mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com>:

> > Just scroll down in single user mode, last option is recover graphics some
> thing like that, which will set the /etc/X11/xorg.conf to defaults.
> I am sure most graphics problems will be recovered

tried that ,

seems i have to do this
Turn back to the default dirver of ati card of ubuntu 9.04 after
frozed by the proprietary driver .

Form forum.ubuntu.org.cn Jun 27, 2009 5:36pm GMT
step1 Reboot;
step2 Choose "Recovery Mode" at grub menu;
step3 sudo apt-get autoremove xorg-driver-fglr, and choose "yes";
step4 Reboot again; Choose "Recovery Mode",Choose "xfix ...";
step5 After "xfix ..." Resume Normal Boot
(from http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Proprietary-Driver-for-Ubuntu-9.04-Fglrx-for-X-Server-1.6)

so hopefully if this works will see you in some time

ram