[ubuntu-in] Need help to configure GSM USB modem

Anupama anupama at itforchange.net
Thu Aug 6 05:32:40 BST 2009

Mallikarjun(?????????????) wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde at gmail.com
> <mailto:onkarshinde at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     2009/8/5 Mallikarjun <mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com
>     <mailto:mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com>>:
>     > I don't know if it works but you can try this (works with my
>     airtel mobile
>     > broadband via usb)
>     >
>     > Open network manager System-->preference --> network connections
>     > Go to --> mobile broadband
>     > click add
>     > Select airtel
>     > connect it when you connect USB device
>
>     I believe this interface is not available in network-manager 0.6 which
>     is the version in Hardy.
>
> Oh, sorry I forgot about which version I am using. You are right it is
> a new addition.
Actually, I have the network manager 0.7.1, and I tried to configure it
ur way but no luck. The message I get is 'cannot open modem'

>     Onkar
>
>     --

Anupama Joshi
IT for Change
Ph: 9611142504
 www.itforchange.net
 www.public-software.in
 www.india.is-watch.net
 www.is-watch.net
 www.content-commons.in
*IT for Change is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with United Nations? Economic and Social Council*