[ubuntu-in] : Unable to run the KDE Desktop environment

tabankg khabor08 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 02:22:08 BST 2009

Yes, gdm,is shown through which I'm succesfully logging  into Ubuntu
Desktop(GNOME).But when I switchover to KDE Desktop,by login in,it takes me
there,even the KDE splash screen is shown,but after sometime the screen goes
dark.There activity is going on ,is shown by the HDD's lights blinking.
Inside the GNOME desktop,I am unable to open the "Konqueror" web browser.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 6:39 AM, Manish Sinha <mail at manishsinha.net> wrote:

> tabankg wrote:
> > Friends, I had freshly installed Ubuntu-8.10(INTREPID IBEX) onto my
> > machine.Inspite of installing,Kubuntu,Kubuntu-desktop,KDE,KDE
> > packages...from synaptic,I am unable to run the Kubuntu/KDE4.1 Desktop
> > environment. Ubuntu is running fine.
> > Please help me out
> Can you brief furthur what error you getting? Does gdm show any?

GOD BLESS US ALL!!!