[ubuntu-in] Upgrading to Ubuntu-9.04

Ritesh Sinha sinha.k.ritesh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 14:00:06 BST 2009

It is possible that a post install trigger might wipe orphaned
packages from the system (packages that are not part of a repo).
However as Onkar pointed out, data files in /home are unaffected by an
upgrade.  So in effect all you _might_ have to do is re-install picasa
etc. Also be sure to backup the entire system if you have a spare USB
HDD lying around. I recently upgraded and the new kernel (2.6.28-11)
refused to recognize my touchpad and causes the keyboard to stop
working after random intervals, I have reverted to the intrepid latest
kernel (2.6.27-11) filed a bug report.