[ubuntu-in] Upgrading to Ubuntu-9.04

tabankg khabor08 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 11:46:11 BST 2009

Sorry,onkar again I am wrong in my explanations.
I mean to say that ,by upgrading to Ubuntu-9.04 from Ubuntu-8.10,it
will definitely erase the previous version.But I want all those stuff
downloaded,e.g. PICASA(in .deb format),pictures,files-straight way the
data files(MUSIC,PICS.,*.DEB FILES) to remain intact.
My desktop arrangement,should be kept intact...

On 4/24/09, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 3:51 AM, tabankg <khabor08 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> OOhps!
>> I am sorry to make a mistake for the Distro's name.The version 9.04 of
>> Ubuntu,i.e. "Jaunty Jackalope"
>> What I mean to say,is my current distro of Ubuntu-8.10(64-bit) "Intrepid
>> Ibex",should be on my hard drive as it is,but the 9.04 Distro has to be
>> merged to it(Upgraded),such that the 8.10 version does not gets deleted in
>> any way...
>
> I think either you are confused with the terminologies or I am. How
> can you upgrade from old version to new without affecting the old
> version. Upgrade itself means that you no longer have old version,
> right?
>
> Or do you mean to say that you want to do parallel installations of
> 8.10 and 9.04?
>

> Onkar

GOD BLESS US ALL!!!