[ubuntu-in] "[Commercial]" Accessing ERP from Windows Networkto Ubuntu 8.10

satyaakam goswami satyaakam at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 16:35:08 BST 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 8:23 PM, Vivek Khurana <hiddenharmony at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Ritesh Sinha <sinha.k.ritesh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry to be pedantic here but WINE is not an emulator, it is a
>> reimplementation of Windows APIs. Having said that, I have had
>> noticeable success in running simple client programs (the Windows
>> TCP/IP stack implementation is quite complete). VB based or Windows
>> COM applications should run without a hitch.
>
> M$ office 2007 work without a hitch under wine and ubuntu 8.10 and it is not
> simple :)

Before we get lost in neverland ;-) , @Ratnakar how's your experiment
going on with Wine, i  would like to know  more about your ERP
implementation as in who is the vendor for your product ? what size is
your company ? what all modules you are using? , are you folks ready
to move on with a FOSS based ERP solutions in near future etc...

-Satya
http://www.linkedin.com/in/satyaakam