[ubuntu-in] Request for ubuntu Goodies

Rohit Gupta rohit.kgec at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 07:56:13 BST 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Aanjhan R <aanjhan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The whole event is a student initiative of our college and we need
>> ubuntu support. We request ubuntu to send us some goodies for our
>> event.
>
> We have stopped Shipping Ubuntu CDs through LoCo since we felt the CDs
> generally were not put to good use and by the time we distributed all
> the CDs, the next release was out and the CDs became obsolete.

Well, some of us have really got your CD's shipped and are using it.
yes the the waiting time is there but it helps users who have limited
or no internet connection.

> There are people in various parts of the country who support such
> activities by printing their own Ubuntu CDs and distributing locally.
> May be you can wait until one of them pop out with an offer. But I
> would strongly suggest you burining the CDs yourself (if you need the
> printed Cds with those flashy covers, the artwork is licensed CC I
> guess, so you can use them and print it)

ok.
but by goodies we also mean stikers, badges, cups, t-shirt or just
anything with ubuntu flavour in it. These goodies will be given to
participants in our event. We request you to help us with anything.
These goodies are a source of inspiration for GNU/Linux.

I have personally used ubuntu (7.1,8.1) and am using ubuntu studio now
and I would say ubuntu has done great job in spreading GNU/Linux to
beginners.

Regards:
Rohit Gupta
KGEC