[ubuntu-in] Partitioning Drive for i Linux

Prakash Advani prakash at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 5 16:41:03 BST 2009

consoleart wrote:
> Hi All, Good day !!!
>
> Can someone suggest a best partitioning method for installing linux.
>
> I dont want tools that are used for partioning, but what  file systems
> to use and how much to be given for each drive,(I have a 240 GB hard disk).
>
> how much to give as SWAP / root etc.,

I prefer to have two / partitions so on one I install 8.04 and the other
I install 8.10. Now I will replace the 8.04 with 9.04. That way I always
have a working and fully configured operation system partition.

See this blog post to have a better understanding:

http://cityblogger.com/archives/2006/06/15/linux-partitioning

--
Prakash Advani | http://cityblogger.com