[ubuntu-in] Localising Kturtle into Kannada in Ubuntu

Pavanaja U B pavanaja at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 12:07:47 BST 2008

Thanks. I have already done steps 1 & 2. I think I have put the file in a
different folder than what you have mentioned in step-3. I will do that
tonight (I am at office, using Win now :)) and update. I will definitely
put my work in to the contirubution (I have done that for Plone).

Regards,
Pavanaja

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 4:24 PM, Gora Mohanty <gora at sarai.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:49:24 +0530
> "Pavanaja U B" <pavanaja at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >

> > I have already localised MSWLogo (Windows Logo) into Kannada (
> > http://www.vishvakannada.com/KannadaLogo)
> > Now I am trying to localise Kturtle into Kannada. I installed Kturtle in
> > Ubuntu. I did translate some of the important commands in Kturtle.po into
> > Kannada and put the file in /locale/kn folder. But I could not see
> Kannada
> > under settings.
>
> Since you are asking here, I presume that you are using
> Ubuntu. Here are some quick steps that should work at
> least on 8.04 (Hardy):
> 1. Install Kannada language packs from Synaptic, or with
>   apt-get install language-support-kn language-pack-kn language-pack-kde-kn
> 2. Compile .po to .mo
>   msgfmt -cv kturtle.po -o kturtle.mo
> 3. Put the .mo file in the right place
>   mv kturtle.mo /usr/share/locale-langpack/kn/LC_MESSAGES/
> 4. Restart kturtle
>
> >  How do I go about with my task? What are the step-by-step
> > procoess of localising any application in Ubuntu?
>
> Please also consider contributing back your translations to
> the Kannada KDE localisation team. See
> http://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=kn
> for contact details.
>
> Regards,