[ubuntu-in] [ilugd] Linux Introduction class for ELCOT Laptop users

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Mon Sep 22 20:32:49 BST 2008

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 00:16:15 +0530
"Shrinivasan T" <tshrinivasan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Friends.
>
> The laptop provided by ELCOT is preloaded with OpenSuse and Ubuntu linux.
>
> But most of the people dont know how to use them.
>
> They struggle a lot little little things like bluetooth, installing
> apps, games, etc
>
> It will be so nice, if we give a one day seminar on ow to use linux
> for all elcot laptop users.
>
> It is necessary too. I see more users remove linux and put windows
> with local service engineers.
>
> VirtualBox is there. but they dont know about it.
>
> It is our responsible thing to urge and train people to use linux.
>
> So, please arrange a tutorial day.
[...]

Hi,
  Of late, you have been spamming multiple newsgroups. Of these,
whom did you expect to respond? Did you start by trying to contact
the Chennai LUG? Or, better yet, ELCOT, to see if *they* had made
any arrangements for support. How is the community responsible for
some misguided initiative by moronic government departments.

Please stop spamming lists at random.

Regards,
Gora