[ubuntu-in] sharing folders over wifi

AlgoMantra algomantra at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 07:24:39 BST 2008

Yo all, I'm on Hardy.

I went into sharing options for a folder which contains
videos, so I can share it over wifi with my brother. It made
me install a small package, and then gave the error:

"'net usershare' returned error 255: net usershare: cannot open usershare
directory /var/lib/samba/usershares. Error Permission denied
grant you permissions to create a share."

But...er, its my computer, so WTF is going on. Kindly advise...

http://www.algomantra.com