[ubuntu-in] Introduction

Manish manishsinha.tech at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 13:15:06 BST 2008

Jagrut Badani wrote:
> Perhaps, the only issue in migrating on Lenovo R52 will be running the
> Wireless connection as some sites pointed it out, though they say this
> problem can be overcome.

I dont think it would be of a problem. I found out that R52 has "Intel
Wireless 2200" Wireless Card which has an open source driver IMHO.
Just try out ubuntu, I hope wireless should work out of box. "Intel®
PRO/Wireless 2200BG Driver for Linux" project is hosted on
http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/

I have Wireless Chipset of 3945ABG and it works flawlessly out of box.
Since Intel has Open Source drivers for its Wireless Chipsets, your wifi
should also work. Though I havn't tried it out.

R60 has Atheros which needs madwifi for working.

Regards,
Manish