[ubuntu-in] aptoncd error '[Errno 28] No space left on device "

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 04:46:51 BST 2008

Hi

was trying to use aptoncd to make a copy of all the stuff i have installed.

but get this error "[Errno 28] No space left on device"
the target location has about 7 gig of space.

I had enabled the create metadata option.

 but my / has no space ??
/dev/sda7             4.6G  4.4G     0 100% /

so could this be a problem

Question: 1. apton during the process did not tell me how big an iso it was
going to create
2. Do i need to keep the aptoncd created iso within dvd size ranges (say 4.5
gb)

searched google the the string aptoncd error '[Errno 28] No space left on
device " and one possible error was because the target file was above 4 gig
in size ??

if the error is because there is no space on / left can i make a new /tmp
partition and if so how big should /tmp be

so any ideas

thanks
ram