[ubuntu-in] How do I update the kernel using the terminal?

Mehul Ved mehul.n.ved at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 04:39:13 BST 2008

On 9/15/08, Fabian Enos <fabian.rap.more at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Mehel: There is actually no reason. I just wanted to try. Why? Wouls
>  something happen if I was using an updated kernel from the
>  repositories?

I asked for the reason, that if you had some good reason then people
could have guided you better. Since you want to just play around with
it, you can try either or all of those methods. Just keep your current
kernel intact, it's risk free. Just install a new kernel and add it's
entry in grub. If it doesn't work then select the entry for the
working kernel.