[ubuntu-in] wireless in Hardy

Sanjay Bhangar sanjaybhangar at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 07:44:00 BST 2008

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 11:31 AM, AlgoMantra <algomantra at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> A friend of mine is running Ubuntu Hardy on a Dell Inspiron 1525,
> with dual boot Vista. His lspci shows that the wireless chip is of
> type BCM4310.

hm i have the exact same model and wireless worked for me out of the box ..
not sure what the problem is:(
i had some problem with entering a WPA passphrase through the GUI and had to
edit /etc/network/interfaces myself and add the PSK key ... if this seems to
be the problem, i'll pastebin my interfaces file and also tell you how to
generate the PSK key .. but if the wireless is not working at all (i.e. cant
even connect to unencrypted networks), not sure what the problem is  - sorry
:(

atb,
Sanjay

http://camputer.org