[ubuntu-in] Software freedom day

Parthan SR parth.technofreak at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 04:29:06 BST 2008

Madhava K R wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a student at NITK, Surathkal. We're planning to celebrate software
> freedom day with a few talks and demonstrations, as well as releasing
> a custom ubuntu flavour that is specific to our college.

Nice to know that. Good luck for your endeavour.
> I wanted to know how feasible it is and maybe a pointer in the right
> direction to customize ubuntu to our specifications, i.e. installing
> custom packages and having custom configuration files rather than the
> default ones, network settings and things like that.

Check this out: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallCDCustomization
There are at least a couple dozen articles on Remastering Ubuntu which
might be of additional use to you.
> Also, would it be possible to get any speakers from Canonical or the
> ubuntu/linux community in general to come give talks here?

Am not sure how possible will it be to get someone from Canonical or any
non-Indian-resident Developer/Contributor, but someone in India who can
spare a day with you might be interested. I leave them to reply to you
in this thread if they are. Thank you and good luck for SFD celebrations.

--
---
With Regards,

Parthan "technofreak"