[ubuntu-in] sound and dislay problem with ubuntu

kanhiya deswal kanhiya78 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 08:03:06 GMT 2008

hello everybody i am from haryana(india) and first time using linux (ubuntu
8.04 ) and i installed it within windows but i have two problems one is of
that it is playing music but there is no sound and other is that i have only
two resolution option which are 800x600 and 640x480 and my laptop is capable
of higher resolutions because i use in windows xp , i tried many things for
sound but unable to get any sound , i unmuted all the things and installed
gnome alsa mixer but did not get anything please help me below i am pasting
a text from terminal,willing that this will help to solve my problem