[ubuntu-in] PCIe Graphics Card for ubuntu

Shashank Bharadwaj shanka.mns at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 09:03:00 BST 2008

Hi,

I'm looking for a PCIe graphics card which works in ubuntu. I have a lenovo
desktop which came with a SiS integrated graphics. A working driver for
GNU/Linux was not released by SiS but ubuntu forums at [1] suggested a fix
for Hardy. Two days back I upgraded to 8.10 and it broke. This is getting
really irritating since I'm having this kind of a problem from about a year.
There is not solution in sight. So I've decided to buy a cheap graphics card
instead.

I use my computer for videos, internet and editing...usual stuff. I just
need high resolution on my 19" monitor when playing vidoes and editing
files. I don't use windows so I need the graphics card to have good drivers
for debian/ubuntu.

Please suggest if you know/have recently bought a graphics card.

Thanks in advance.

Footnotes:
[1]: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=615094

--