[ubuntu-in] Compressing / reducing size of a pdf file

knk nkamatam at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 22:27:56 BST 2008

I am thinking it must be the content of the pdf that is the problem.
If there are a few jpgs, then you are bound to have no compression at
all - infact you might see increase in the size.

I learnt that pdf, gif jpg, mpg are already a compressed format and
cannot be compressed.

knk
(I am wrong most of the times)

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 12:59 AM, Linux Lingam <linuxlingam at gmail.com> wrote:
> try the commandline pdftk and read its man pages.
>
> also, read up on pdf versions 1, 2, 3, and 4, as well as its flavours:
> pdf for print, pre-press, book, and mobile.
>
> regards
> niyam

knk