[ubuntu-in] Problem with Firefox view

Parthan SR parth.technofreak at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 13:52:24 GMT 2008

ramnarayan.k at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> am using Firefox 3.04 on an updated 8.10.
>
> But there seems to be a problem with the view of Firefox - when in open
> it it takes up the whole screen and hides my toolbars (which are on top
> of my screen) also the top most toolbar of Firefox (the bar that has the
> minimize, maximize and close icons) and the menu toolbar (the one that
> has File Edit ... etc) remain hidden. I can access the file menu by "alt
> f" etc but thats just guesswork.
>
> So any idea what could be wrong.

The Firefox window has blown itself out of the screen area, which just
means it has become a size bigger than what your screen can accommodate.
Please try whether you can grab hold of any of the corners by moving the
browser here and there. If you could, then just drag it to reduce the
size and again drag it into your screen area. Then position it and
resize the window as per your wish. Am not sure about pressing the
maximize button again or whether you need to press the unmazimize button
before trying this. It used to happen to me in Hardy but I haven't faced
it with any window in Intrepid. You can also try turning off compiz if
you're using it.

--
---
With Regards,