[ubuntu-in] Openoffice 3.0 is disappointing

Manish Gupta m.gupta11 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 12:27:30 GMT 2008

ya same probs with me too.

I suggest the developers should also work on visuals so that they make
it more appealing.
Secondly the support for propritory s/w msoffice so that the
compatibility is increased as we need to work on ms in the office and
stuff

Hope this is listened by the appropriate people

Regards
Manish K Gupta

On 11/24/08, ramnarayan.k at gmail.com <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> so finally i installed openoffice 3.0 , with the pdfimport etc.
>
> The pdfimport works well - but overall openoffice 3.0 seems not very
> different from earlier versions,
>
> However, it seems to have suffered terribly in responsiveness - OOO 3.0
> is really sluggish even while working on blank documents / spreadsheets.
>
> The same operations in ooo 2.4 were really fast.
>
> My system has 1.5 GB RAM, 2.6 GB Swap so that should not be a problem.
>
> any one else using ooo 3.0 have the same feeling.
>
> ram

Manish Kumar Gupta