[ubuntu-in] windows network on dosenu or dosbox

Amit Sarda amit.sarda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 15:04:07 GMT 2008

Dear All

i have a primitive accounting software written on DOS with fox as a
database.

The software is running on a windows 98/ xp PC.

I want to connect to the software using dos.

I understand that the two best DOS versions available are dosemu and dosbox.

My problem is how do I connect to the windows network from ubuntu?

I have tried loading SAMBA and I can access the windows network from ubuntu.
But how do I configure dosemu?

In windows, we map the drive as x:

Then we go to the desired folder say x:/data1 and execute our files.

Kindly advice if anyone has used something similar.

With regards

Amit Sarda

+91 93913 12550