[ubuntu-in] Proxy settings in ubuntu 8.10

Sanjay Bhangar sanjaybhangar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 14:33:49 GMT 2008

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 7:46 PM, Dharan P Deepak - <nextdoornerd at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think tor is the better way for you.. http://www.torproject.org/ this is
> an opensource anonymity project. You can either download and install tor
> manually (the site have all the configuration options) or you can get it
> installed useing apt by typing sudo apt-get install tor in your terminal.
> I know how hard it is to live without our favorite blogs and news sites and
> other community portals.Me too a student.

my experience with tor has been that it slows down surfing a bit - it works
really well (it was especially fun being directed to a different country
Google everytime you go to google.com :)), but for everyday surfing use I
did find it a bit slow and cumbersome. It is a really good anonymizing tool
though and a great project.

All the best,
Sanjay