[ubuntu-in] Fwd: phonetic keyboard layout for Hindi used in Ubuntu-8.04

74yrs old withblessings at gmail.com
Tue May 27 17:08:00 BST 2008

As suggested I have already download. But could not install in ubuntu
-extract*** of typescript reproduced below:for valuable guidance please. -
sriranga(75yrsold)
***checking for SCIM... configure: error: Package requirements (scim >=
1.4.0) were not met:
No package 'scim' found
Alternatively, you may set the environment variables SCIM_CFLAGS
and SCIM_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

]0;sriranga at Ubuntu: ~/Desktop/scim-tables-0.5.7
sriranga at Ubuntu:~/Desktop/scim-tables-0.5.7$
whereis scim 1.4.0
scim: /usr/bin/scim /etc/scim /usr/share/scim /usr/share/man/man1/scim.1.gz
1.4:
]0;sriranga at Ubuntu: ~/Desktop/scim-tables-0.5.7
sriranga at Ubuntu:~/Desktop/scim-tables-0.5.7$
exit