[ubuntu-in] The power of linux in embedded systems

Hardeep Singh hardeep1singh_s60 at yahoo.co.in
Fri May 16 07:24:45 BST 2008

Hi Ravi,

As you said, "For beginners, you (most people) will always find Linux
distro's frustrating initially, because you know Windows"

That's exactly the point I'm trying to make, if we acknowledge the
bottleneck why not work on removing it, initial transition is the most
important phase that can bring or scare away users from linux. If there is
'something' at this stage that's filtering some users away from linux, that
'something' should be done away it. Linux is a complete OS, I'd love to see
it grow, at this stage, "More  and more users" is what Linux needs. Make the
initial stages more User friendly and conversion count (number of users
converting to linux per day) would increase.

Regards,

Hardeep Singh