[ubuntu-in] The power of linux in embedded systems

Hardeep Singh hardeep1singh_s60 at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 15 10:32:24 BST 2008

I think the only problem is perception that linux is for experts and the
problems faced by newbies while installing, I personally think grub is a bit
invasive for newbies. Suddenly boot menu changes, Ubuntu becomes default OS
and most of the times, it doesn't even recognize Windows installation, this
can send any newbie into a panic mode. (I remember I repaired Windows boot
and formatted my linux drive, when I tried ubuntu for the first time but I
was brave enough to try it again. :-)  )

Ideally Ubuntu should use Windows Boot Menu, keep Windows as default OS and
just add another entry for Ubuntu in the boot menu, this would be a more
newbie friendly approach that would help linux create a space for itself on
newbies PCs. Once they have it working as they would want it, they would try
using it too, once they do that. they'd become linux users for sure.