[ubuntu-in] Which wireless DSL router to buy?

Aanjhan R aanjhan at gmail.com
Tue May 13 18:23:35 BST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  Any suggestions as to which wireless DSL router to buy? Following are
>  prerequisites.
>
>  1. One wireless and one ethernet port is necessary. Additional ports
>  don't matter.
>  2. In built DHCP and DNS servers are must.
>  3. WEP increption is minimum.
>  3. Should work with Ubuntu out of box.
>  4. I want to use it with Tata Indicom connection. I expect this not to
>  be much hassle, otherwise the router is useless to me.

I use a Dlink WBR2310. No hassles. And all the above mentioned
requirements are satisfied. NetGear ones are cheap but a are known to
have several quality issues.  The WRT Linksys ones are also very good.

[1] http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=470
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WRT54G

Cheers!
Aanjhan