[ubuntu-in] hardy getting slower with use?

Aanjhan R aanjhan at gmail.com
Sat May 10 06:21:30 BST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 2:15 PM, AlgoMantra <algomantra at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm noticing that Hardy (esp. Firefox) has become much slower
> since i installed it only a few days ago. Nothing dramatic, but its
> kind of annoying. How does one clean up the temp files and
> unnecessary data?

Without answering all those who rant and feel jealous of Ubuntu's
popularity, I try to give solution to your issue ;-)

The update has arrived. xulrunner1.9 has the fix for this issue. If
you have already done the update the issue should have got minimized a
lot.

Also tombuntu blog reports the following workaround.

<quote>
In Firefox, click Edit->Preferences. In the Security section, uncheck
the two boxes for attack site and forgery warnings. Close Firefox.
Open your file browser to ~/.mozilla/firefox/[profile], where
[profile] will be a short random string of characters. Delete any
files with names starting with urlclassifier.
</quote>

Cheers!
tuxy