[ubuntu-in] SSH Forwarding how to?

Dinesh Uthayakumar udinesh5 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 14:11:38 GMT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 6:19 PM, Ravi Kumar <ra21vi at gmail.com> wrote:

The scenario is:

> Server A host a service i.e CVS on port 2401 (default_)
> Server B has SSH service running. Both A and B are in local network.

so a proxy server functionality is intended right ?

Please guide me how can I enable ssh tunneling in such, I read many online
> documents, but could not get the grip over the theory,
> Also, for C i would like B as transparent. that is same port 2401 on B
> would be forwareded to A:2401

port forwarding is simple !
any packet to a particular port on a public ip would be forwarded to a
specific port on private ip.
have you checked the site mentioned in the reference
of this link
http://techydinesh.wordpress.com/2008/02/13/ssh/
http://portforward.com/default.htm

so for your scenario 2 port forwarding is required
1 at the router for port forwarding the request from the internet to B
2 port forwarding from B to A

--
Dinesh Uthayakumar
Final Year,Bachelor of Technology - Information Technology