[ubuntu-in] SSH Forwarding how to?

Ravi Kumar ra21vi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 17:43:05 GMT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Udhay Shankar N <udhay at pobox.com> wrote:

> > Please guide me how can I enable ssh tunneling in such, I read many
> online
> > documents, but could not get the grip over the theory,
> >  Also, for C i would like B as transparent. that is same port 2401 on B
> > would be forwareded to A:2401
>
> SSH has a built-in option for a SOCKS proxy, which may be what you're
> looking for. See http://www.plenz.com/tunnel-everything for details on
> this and other options for tunneling traffic over SSH.
>
> Udhay
> --

Sorry but this isn't what I am looking for my friend. I want a dedicated ssh
server exposed to internet, and people can connect to it through those
available clients which support internally ssh proto, else the client side
can use some ssh like Putty to create a local forwarded connection for the
tunnel.

So,  I need some guidance in setting up the server side, how to forward the
traffic (in this case cvs traffic) to some other remote server serving the
cvs.