[ubuntu-in] Is Ubuntu messing up on QA?

Sanjay Bhangar sanjaybhangar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 09:12:17 GMT 2008

Full Ubuntu abuse on the Bombay GLUG ;-)
If I follow the thread correct though, it started with a reference to the
blogpost:
http://sharninder.blogspot.com/2008/03/ubuntu-doesnt-work-for-me-yet-aka.html

Now, I can totally understand people bitching out Ubuntu, noting that for
server machines, CentOS, Debian, RedHat are possibly superior... With
7.10I've had Ubuntu do a Windows-style hang on me a few times, where
the
command-line is not even accessible - hell, maybe it has gone completely
down the drain (still works for me) - BUT, someone, anyone, judging any
piece of software based on testing the ALPHA release just doesn't deserve to
be heard - I consider this retarded behaviour.

I find it amusing how long the thread has gone on the mumbai glug and how
happy people are to bash ubuntu - fair enough, there maybe a lot of pent-up
frustration against ubuntu - I just don't understand how anyone can give any
credibility to someone judging it based on the alpha...

Ahh well... the nonsense on the internet continues... sorry for the ranty
post, this just really got under my nerve...

Cheers,
Sanjay