[ubuntu-in] NetGear WG311V3 wireless adapter does not work in Hardy Heron

Mohan Dasaratha Rao dasaratharao at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 17:49:56 GMT 2008

Thanks VK for your response. I did a scan with the command iwlist wlan0 as
advised by you. The result is given below:

mohan at mohan-desktop:~$ iwlist wlan0 scanning
wlan0     Scan completed :
          Cell 01 - Address: 00:08:5C:7B:9C:A5
                    ESSID:"p1prkj4gm215"
                    Protocol:IEEE 802.11g
                    Mode:Managed
                    Frequency:2.462 GHz (Channel 11)
                    Quality:42/100  Signal level:-69 dBm  Noise level:-96
dBm
                    Encryption key:off
                    Bit Rates:1 Mb/s; 2 Mb/s; 5.5 Mb/s; 11 Mb/s; 22 Mb/s
                              6 Mb/s; 9 Mb/s; 12 Mb/s; 18 Mb/s; 24 Mb/s
                              36 Mb/s; 48 Mb/s; 54 Mb/s
                    Extra:bcn_int=100
                    Extra:atim=0
mohan at mohan-desktop:~$

I also would like to give one more information. I am using my PC with a dual
boot arrangement with XP and Ubuntu. My wi-fi works fine with XP and the
signal is "Very good" as per my XP application. I want to add one more
observation. I do not know whether it is connected with this problem. When I
boot Ubuntu, one of the checks carried out shows a red flag with comment
"Skipping firewall (not enabled)".

I am looking forward to a solution. Best Regards.