[ubuntu-in] Open Office Crashes

ramnarayan.k at gmail.com ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 04:57:41 GMT 2008

Hi

Am using Openoffice 2.3 for Ubuntu
Specific ubuntu version1:2.3.0-1ubuntu5

The Ubuntu version is Ubuntu 7.10

I have a M$ Wincedows ppt which is about 1 GB - full 70-80 high
resolution images. Openoffice frequently crashes.

Specific reasons are : 1. It is not able to handle saving it,
  2. any editing and
3. even when copying from it causes it to crash.
4. While trying to do a save as odp (openoffice presentation format) too
causes it to crash.

***
I then tried to make a native odp format presentation of similar size
and did a save as ppt and this too crashes.

To check if this was a problem with the file / file size i opened the
presentation in another machine which has M$ Office (and wince xp)  the
file loads very fast and does not crash what ever i try to do.

The RAM for machines is the same 1.5 as is the processor Intel Core Duo
1.83 Ghz.
***
I understand that openoffice does have some incompatibility with M$
wincedows but any reasons for this crash.

ram