[ubuntu-in] [OT] Inviting Ideas for Promoting Linux in Engineering College

Parthan SR parth.technofreak at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 06:07:58 BST 2008

Manish Sinha wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> Now I would like to be flooded with ideas of how to organise new
> events. We have till now organised events like orientation meets,
> install fest, using Linux workshop, web development using FOSS tools.
> We need some really great ideas as college is the time when each
> student get s a chance to try Linux, after getting a job, people don’t
> have time. The topics should be of such level that normal students can
> be able to understand it. We don’t want just geeks to use it, but
> every Tom, Dick and Harry should be able to use it with ease. College
> is opening in after 40 and still we have ample time to prepare for it.

Hi Manish,

Very happy to see your initiatives and hope your LUG will grow.
Regarding your queries to the list, I rather feel you should contact the
nearest LUGs around you who will be in a more better position to explain
you about the various events that a LUG can initiate. Chennai LUG and
Mumbai LUG (branches of ILUG) are good examples of LUG who are very
active in FOSS promotion. Please join the LUG mailing list and post the
same query. As your query seems to be more generalized towards GNU/Linux
and FOSS, I find it more appropriate to be posted to a LUG mailing list
than here, hence marking it OT here. Hope you can understand. If any
members want to reply to the original mail, please do it in private
conversation.

--
---
With Regards,