[ubuntu-in] Old Problem Revisited: Unable to read hindi news paper websites

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 17:14:10 BST 2008

Hi all,
 It works, everything works. Even the drop-down menus as well as the
menus from the links within the drop-down menu.  I did the following .

1. Downloaded and renamed the file to au.ttf from AU.TTF
2. installed the file by copying it with sudo to /usr/share/fonts/truetype
(don't think it would matter even if it was installed in
/usr/share/fonts though)
3. Ran sudo fc-cache -fsv to see the new font is catalogued properly.
(Again don't think this step is necessary or needed but just to make sure)
4. Used firefox-3.0 RC2 (available in Ubuntu Hardy and newer)

The site works, everything works. I'm on Intrepid and loving it ;)

 Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3 8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17