[ubuntu-in] Retrieving Track details from Audio CD's

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 05:41:31 BST 2008

Thanks Onkar, Niyam

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think winamp and windows media player have facility to retrieve
> details from servers. Look for something called CDDB in preferences.
> But it has been really long time since I used windows so can't tell for sure.

First am still not sure how the track details work.

AFAIK even when winamp or other windows media players have been
offline they are still able to get / show the trackand album details
(basically name of the song etc) Even in the days when we (as in where
i am) did not have internet we got the track details which would mean
they are stored somewhere on the disc itself. So why can't we just get
that info.

Second (maybe unrelated) why can't i browse an Audio CD like a
regualar disc ??

>> i have a cd Cafe De Flore and Sound Juicer shows all the track details
>> nicely - how come ??

these details were available in Sound Juicer not wincedoze