[ubuntu-in] Retrieving Track details from Audio CD's

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 07:50:10 BST 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Ramnarayan. K <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Audio CD's don't have any track details. Sound Juicer retrieves track
>> details from online databases such as Musicbrainz, provided the
>> details are available for your CD. You will need to be online for
>> retrieval to work.
>
> So what does sound juicer retrieve, just something it has in its database
>
> How does oen get the details from an aduio cd which are present on it
> - as when we play it with a cd player or in wincedoze ??

I think winamp and windows media player have facility to retrieve
details from servers. Look for something called CDDB in preferences.
But it has been really long time since I used windows so can't tell for sure.

> i have a cd Cafe De Flore and Sound Juicer shows all the track details
> nicely - how come ??

AFAIK, every album cd has a unique identifier. The data is tored in
database against this identifier. So sound juicer just uses this id to
retrieve details.

Onkar